In order to open an account, the Bank needs to obtain a copy of the Identity and Address proof as per the Prevention of Money Laundering Rules and the RBI Master Direction – KYC Direction 2016.
The Bank can rely on the List of Officially Valid Documents (appended below) as Identity and Current address proof. The Bank can rely on Deemed Officially valid documents (refer to Grid 1 below) as Current address proof for Individuals who do not possess any of the Six Officially Valid Documents provided that the customer shall submit OVD updated with a current address within a period of three months of submitting the Deemed OVD.
LIST OF OFFICIALLY VALID DOCUMENTS (OVD):
1. Aadhaar number + E-KYC authentication or Offline verification**
3. Driving License
4. Voters Identity Card
5. Job Card issued by NREGA
6. Letter issued by National Population Register containing details of name, address
** Note: As per UIDAI notification dated 4th April 2019, Proof of Possession of Aadhaar Number shall mean and include the following:
(a) Aadhaar letter issued by UIDAI
(b) Downloaded Aadhaar (e-Aadhaar). This is digitally signed by UIDAI as per Information Technology Act
(c) Aadhaar Secure QR Code (a quick response code generated by UIDAI containing name, address, gender, photo and date of birth details of the Aadhaar number holder). This is digitally signed by UIDAI as per Information Technology Act
(d) Aadhaar Paperless Offline e-KYC: An XML document generated by UIDAI containing name, address, gender, photo and date of birth details of the Aadhaar number holder. This is digitally signed by UIDAI as per Information Technology Act
LIST OF DEEMED OFFICIALLY VALID DOCUMENTS:
1. Utility bill which is not more than two months old of any service provider (electricity, telephone, post-paid mobile phone, piped gas, water bill),
2. Property or Municipal tax receipt
3. Pension or family pension payment orders (PPOs) issued to retired employees by Government Departments or Public Sector Undertakings, if they contain address
4. Letter of allotment of accommodation from employer issued by State or Central Government departments, Statutory or Regulatory Bodies, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks, Financial Institutions and listed Companies and leave and license agreements with such employers allotting official accommodation.